Come work with us
We are looking for a senior back end software engineer that enjoys building well-architected Ruby code. Our back-end is built in Ruby on Rails and our front-end is built in React.js. We’re fully hosted in AWS, and we use Github & Circle CI to manage development, testing and deployments.
You will report to an engineering manager and participate in the agile software development process. You will work closely with Product Management to help ensure that we’re building the best features in the best way. You will have the opportunity to work on all types of projects across the entire RVshare platform.
- Develop full-tested software in Ruby on Rails code with Rspec.
- Work with QA to ensure your software meets the requirements and passes all tests
- Ensure your software passes all build steps before deploying your code to production
- Provide technical feedback on product requirements
- Participate in the technical design process
- Participate in daily standups and agile sprint planning meetings
- Help triage and fix bugs reported by our customer support team
- Document your work in our shared internal wiki
- Help junior engineers improve their skills
- At least 4 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- At least 8 years of total experience writing software in open source languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js, Java, etc)
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs.
- Some experience with HTML & CSS
- Positive-thinking team player that works well with others
- Great communication skills
- Loves to ship working software to thousands of users
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org